Thursday, January 24, 2008

Northstar Tree Farm

So the weekend after Thanksgiving we loaded up and headed out caravan style ( we tried to go green but it just didn't happen) so in true American fashion we arrived in the woods outside of Georgetown in about 4 vehicles! Here's Makenna and Uncle Jerod ready to find the perfect tree. We've come to this farm for a few years and just love the old time Christmas feel of traipsing through the pine covered trails and ending up sitting around the fire with cookies and cider in the end. And you can't beat the $20 trees!Tom and Mom having a little sustinance before we head out into the great unknown.Uncle Dennis and cousin Peyten don't look too sure about this whole thing??!! Here Grandpere you hold these pine needles for us!
Tom and Anna in AWE of the tree selection or is Tom looking a little skeptical about the choices.

Who is that tree with legs? Could it be Uncle Jerod with our perfect tree?




Makenna on the go, searching for our tree-- woohoo it is so much fun I can hardly stand it.
And here we are at the end sipping cider by the fire. What a fun day! Sad to say not everyone found their tree as they did not have many silver tips and nobles but it was a festive day and got us in spirit. And I am still in the spirit as I write this post in late January and our tree still looks great . . . I know, I know it's time but we just love looking at the lights. Josh wants to know if I'm aiming for February-- he humors me, at least I've stopped listening to Christmas music!





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hey couldn't you have found some more flattering pictures?! Glad to see a new post!

Allison said...

Hey, anything before Easter is fair game for Xmas decos, that's what I say and I'm sticking to it! xoxo